DuPage Township is a WILL COUNTY office
Notices will be mailed by Will County on July 31, 2015
Filing deadline with the Will County Board of Review is September 4, 2015
More info can be found at www.willcountysoa.com
2015 is a quadrennial reassessment year. This means by state statute every parcel will receive a revised assessment notice, whether the value has changed or not. In DuPage Township, we look at all subdivisions every year to determine what is happening with the market; whether it is going up, down or staying the same. Appropriate factors are applied to the subdivisions if needed, and notices are sent. During the intervening years from the quadrennials (Quads for short), if there is no change, the parcels do not receive notices. If a township multiplier is only applied by the county, no notices are sent, the multipliers are only published in a local paper chosen by the county, this is more cost effective for the tax payers.
Quadrennial notice values are used for 2015 tax bill, which is payable in 2016. This is not a bill! Remember these values are as of January 1, 2015. Please keep in mind the following:
- Assessment is 1/3 of market (.3333)
- Assessments are based on 3 years of VALID sales prior to the assessment date. 2015 values are based on sales from 2014, 2013, and 2012 – not current market.
- Once the notices are sent, there is a 30 day period in which you can formally file an appeal at the Board of Review in Will County.
- Exemptions will NOT appear on this notice. This includes senior freeze amounts.
- You DO NOT need a lawyer, tax consultant, or to pay a fee to have your assessments reviewed. This is what we do and we are here to help you understand the process.
- If the property is a new sale, please contact our office before filing if possible, we may be able to avoid the appeal process.
- If your argument is equity. Find three comparables within your subdivision, if possible, of similar style and size homes. Our office does not do the research for you in finding equity comparables. When you have your comparables, please contact us. If there is sufficient time for us to go over the comparables prior to you having to file with the board of review, we will do our best to take care of it. However, with it being a quadrennial year, we expect a lot of inquiries and we would not want you to miss your opportunity to file, so we may tell you to do so, to protect your right as an owner. If you want our office to review prior to filing, fill out an Assessment Review Inquiry located on this website, please note the deadline for doing so.
- If you believe there is an error in what you are being assessed for, please contact us prior to filing if possible. We may be able to avoid the appeal process.
- Check our website with your PIN and make sure everything is accurate. Please know that we are still constantly updating our system, but we will be happy to review your property information.
- There is an Assessment Review that can be filed, prior to filing at board of review, please note there is a deadline – that is mainly to protect your rights to file at the board of review in a timely matter.
DuPage Township does not have the Will County Board of Review appeal forms in our office. The forms can be download at www.willcountysoa.com >Board of Review >Assessment Appeals Process.
2014 TAX BILLS (payable in 2015): The bills were mailed from Will County on May 1, 2015. They are due in two installments (only one bill is mailed). Due dates are June 1, 2015 and September 1, 2015.
Please Note: We are continuously working on updating our information along with entering new data as it becomes available so we can provide you with as much information as possible. However, as much as we try the data on this website is not guaranteed to be 100% accurate.